Newly wed couples are getting more creative as they think of ways to ensnare their poor single friends to participate in singles' games during wedding receptions. If they do it the traditional way, they can expect none of the ladies to scramble for the flower bouquet, while men won't fight for the garter when the unlucky lady isn't a hottie. Naman!!!

As a result, newly wed couples have no choice but to come up with crazy games just to get all single friends to participate. Winners will be based not on who was worst or who was best, but on something only the newlyweds understand. It's getting quite predictable actually... so predictable that when I participated in such a game during the last wedding I attended, I decided to be the worst.

The newly weds started calling out names of single ladies "randomly". Right... they have all their single friend's names written in small pieces of paper, and they called everyone who's name is written on those. They weren't even drawing lots!!! So yes, they selected single friends randomly... When they called out my name, I boldly went up front. I had a strategy. I was confident. I won't be the "lucky" girl. The girl who can say "Congratulations" for the longest time wins. Two seconds into my congartulations, I choked. I asked for a second chance. Either the couple didn't hear me, or they chose not to. No biggie, I knew they wouldn't pick extremes - I was safe.

I was wrong! They picked the shortest time! It was me! Oh dear... I decided to be a good sport and participated for the duration of the game. No hard feelings towards the couple. Did I have a choice?

As soon as it was over, my colleagues started getting excited for another wedding they'll attend soon -- MINE!!! Are they crazy??? Catching the bouquet doesn't mean I'm next. Catching the bouquet doesn't mean I'll let it decide my fate. Don't get me wrong, I would love to get married - tomorrow, sometime soon, or in the distant future... It doesn't really matter when. All I know is that my boyfriend and I will get married when the time is right. Besides, we're still young... ;-)