Following the success of The Makati Brunch Club, Kev has been encouraging me to write reviews about restaurants outside Makati, particularly those new places we try. I've been meaning to do it, but there aren't any new dining outlet we've been to, until we decided to go to SM Megamall last weekend.

CAVANA
Cavana, located on the Ground Floor, Bldg A of SM Megamall, offers a variety of chicken & beef specialties that are uniquely Singaporean... I think...

Ambience
The interior is so typical of fast food chains. - bright white lights, crowded tables & chairs, booths along one side of the wall, a counter where customers can order and pay for their food, and little bits of food remnants scattered on the floor.


Food
Kev ordered honey roasted chicken, which he claimed is just plain roasted chicken. I had the satay beef hot plate and it was yummy! The beef was surprisingly soft, I was expecting it to be a bit rubbbery but it wasn't. Its sauce was sweet with a twist! The beef was served with garlic rice, its taste reminiscent of those served by Big Red Hen. Served on the side are buttered vegetables and bean sprouts.


Price
The price we had to pay for everything was about P300. I enjoyed my meal, but looks like Kev didn't. So I guess it was worth it for me, but not for him.


If you're looking for affordable Singaporean food on a hot plate, I'd recommend the Satay Beef. But that's about the extent of my recommendation. I've yet to try other specialties.

OHANA HAWAIIAN BBQ

Last friday, we passed by this restaurant while wandering aimlessly inside the mall, looking for a new and affordable affordable place to eat. Kev and I have always wondered how food served at the Ohana Hawaiian BBQ, located at the 2nd floor, Bldg A of SM Megamall, would taste.

Ambience
Definitely beats the ambience at the Cavana, with Ohana's somewhat dim lights providing a flattering glow on the diners. A sofa is available by the counter for hungry diners waiting for a table to be available.


Outside the restaurant are tables and chairs beneath coffee shop umbrellas, which I think should give a feeling of being "outdoors". I didn't think it was cool though...


Food
Kev & I both ordered Pork BBQ. Nothing special here - it's just pork bbq. The condiment served along with the bbq is your typical sauce but with a twist, I'm afraid I'd have to say a bad twist. Argh!!! Just thinking about it, reliving the moment when I tasted its sauce without the meat makes me shudder. But it could just be me...

The bbq was served with plain rice and macaroni on the side. The macaroni salad is bland - lacks the flavor of the typical macaroni salad you get from other restaurant outlets. Nothing special with the iced tea either.

Price
We paid P135 for the dish, not counting the drink. For something as ordinary as this, the food is a tad pricey. I think the dish is worth P85 to P100 max, and at that price, it should include drinks already.