Ever tried one of those quizzes people pass around via emails? It always helps when one is bored and is just looking for something to do. The last time I saw one of those was during the SARS era, when we almost had nothing to do in the office. Online sales were at an all-time low and all CSRs were left twiddling their thumbs. It was during those times when the boss would see employees doing something else besides office work and still wouldn't mind. Don't we all want bosses like that? Hehe...

Anyways, one friend sent me one such quiz yesterday. The quiz is to translate all those English words into Tagalog. Being a perpetual Tagalog-speaker, I thought it'd be a breeze. Sad to say I failed the quiz, scoring only 66 out of 100.

Naman! What's announcement in Tagalog anyway? Pahayag? It didn't work. What about knowledge? Isn't it kaalaman? Or am I just stupid? Hahaha... What about sewerage? For that I absolutely have no idea =P

Here are the words I can't think the Tagalog equivalent of: announcement, approach, benefit, calf, care, city, customs, dictionary, erase, excite, feature, flame, gerund, group, guide, idiom, instruction, judge, knowledge, office, park, petal, refreshment, report, research, ribbon, sewerage, standard, suggestion, valley and window.

Would you know?