Yep, that's how it was when super typhoon Milenyo hit us. Some people are luckier than most, while the the less fortunate ones had to endure no electricity supply for days.

Thursday morning, I arrived earlier than usual for work. Not 2 hours later, management sent us home. I took a cab and hurried home, afraid to be outdoors, caught in the middle of the storm. Upon reaching our house, there was no electricity. I'm such a coach potato that without tv and dvd player, I would be left with nothing to do.

During these days of darkness, I entertained myself:
  • I learned a new song to play on my guitar. With the help of Kev, I learned to play on my guitar part of Sitti Navarro's original song, Para Sa Akin. Unfortunately I didn't get to finish it. Apart from the fact that my fingers hurt as it was a difficult piece to play, I was also afraid my ipod would run out of battery if I kept listening to the song.
  • I read novels by candle light and finished 3 books over the weekend.
  • When my eyes got tired from all the reading, I went to sleep - in the middle of the day. This is such a weird thing for me because when we have electricity, I would rather watch movies on dvd or watch fave shows on tv.
  • When I wasn't doing any of those things, I played cops & robbers with JC, our family's sort of adopted son. The 2 of us would each have our toy guns, seek cover from behind chairs, desks or whatever's big enough to hide us. My absolute fave in playing this game is how JC would play dead - first falling to his knees, gradually falling down until he's on his side, right leg crossed over his left, face slightly turned towards the floor with his eyes closed! Oh and btw, his act wasn't complete without making this weird "ack" sound when he's "hit".



  • And finally, the silliest thing I've done thus far to pass my time. I sat backwards on our computer chair, chin resting on top of the back rest, arms wide open while spinning the chair repeatedly, singing my LSS song at the top of my lungs. The spinning chair gained momentum as I neared the end of the song, until I finally stopped the spin at the same time my last note ended.
The first 2 I mentioned, I get to do regularly. But for the last 3, those don't really fit my personality.

You know how summer solstice can get you restless and make you act crazy? If ever there's such a thing as back-to-the-old-days-without-electricity solstice, then that last act I did to pass time could probably be my wackiest, non-sense-est, insane-est act ever. Crazy, crazy, crazy...