Last Friday, I hit the big 3-0. Just a few minutes before 12 midnight, my mom came barging in my room, singing happy birthday at the top of her lungs - that was so cute! Hehehe... Kuya started arguing that it wasn't even 12 yet so it wasn't my birthday yet. My sister soon joined in, saying that my birthday is several minutes yet to come and that the clock in my mom's room is advanced, so she better hold her horses. Nonetheless, my mom gave me a kiss and a big hug. Soon after, text messages from friends and loved ones started coming in.

Just like any ordinary day, I planned to come to work extra early this day. As usual, I hit the snooze button as soon as my alarm clock went off. Its a good thing that a couple of my colleagues, who are on the same trip together with their loved ones decided to ring me at 7:30am. Otherwise, I would have been late coming to work that day.

Just like any ordinary day, my sister was running late, and so she was singing her favorite tune, "Hurry up ate and let's share a cab to work. I'm running late." Ever the giving ate as I always am, I hurried dressing up and finished preparing in record time. When we were about to leave, we teasingly asked kuya to bring us to work, since its my birthday and all. He agreed! So we got a free ride to work that day! I wish everyday is natal day...

Just like any ordinary day, I was on budget mode. I wasn't planning to treat anyone for lunch or merienda for that matter, because I didn't want to leave anyone out. To save the day, Leigh arrived with a big birthday cake that was meant to be shared by all my friends in the office. Instant birthday party! Instant celebration! So thanks Zimmies for sharing it with me. Thanks to my portfolio team for printing out a personalized birthday card, and having people sign it. I was touched by the message - "wag ka na sad ha!" I assure you dear teammates, I am not sad anymore. That was just a real bad case of birthday blues.

Just like any other birthday celebration, I was on my way home to have dinner with my family. However, my sister asked if we could celebrate both our birthdays this weekend instead. So unlike other birthdays I celebrated, Kev and I had a nice dinner somewhere and watched a kewl movie after. The movie was great!

All in all, I'd say my day has been perfect - ordinary somewhat, and yet not so much! :)

Labels: , ,